If you are looking for a heating and cooling system that provides cooling throughout your home but do not want to pay for the expensive installation of new ductwork, then a ductless mini-split installation is meant for you. With the ability to target the specific rooms which need to be temperature-controlled the most, the ductless mini-split system is the best fit for many homeowners and their properties.
What is Ductless Mini-Split System?
A ductless mini-split system is a heating and cooling system that allows you to control the temperatures in individual rooms and parts around the house. Ductwork systems allow for considerable energy losses, which means that a ductless system is more energy efficient than central air.
When and Where it Makes Sense to Install:
The ductless mini-split system is relatively easy for a professional to install. Below is a list of situations in which a ductless mini-split system is ideal:
- Rooms that reach abnormally hot temperatures
- Additions that do not have an HVAC system
- Enclosed decks and patios
- Home gyms without ductwork
Advantages of Ductless Mini-Split System:
- One small unit that both heats and cools a space
- Extremely energy efficient
- Relatively quick and easy installation
- Less invasive to install than a traditional HVAC system